After more than a year of bans, mask-wearing and events from credit unions being canceled or posted online, industry event organizers are slowly welcoming attendees back to venues for personal learning and networking.
A look back at upcoming credit union conferences and events from CU Times A mix of virtual, face-to-face and hybrid virtual / face-to-face events is planned for the remainder of 2021. Here’s a rundown of what the credit unions events will look like for the rest of the year. We have included links to available registration pages for as many events as possible.
The American Credit Union Mortgage Association is planning one personal conference 12.-15. September At the Gaylord National Resort on the Potomac River near Washington, DC. Registration is due to open in June.
Credit Union leagues in California and Nevada
The association plans to hold its annual conference, TO REACH, in person from November 1st to 4th at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, California.
The CO-OP THINK conference went from a single annual personal event to one Series of virtual events during the whole year. CO-OP currently has the following on the calendar for 2021:
Cooperative association of credit unions
The association that represents credit unions in Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island doesn’t currently have an annual conference on its calendar, but it has a series of virtual events planned for the rest of the year.
Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run
The 2021 Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run and the 5K Run-Walk will be held in person on Sunday, September 12th. Anyone who did not opt for guaranteed participation when the race was canceled in 2020 can take part in a lottery Entry granted between June 1st and 30th on the event website. On the event website, organizers stated, “Although nothing can be completely safe with COVID-19, there appears to be a vaccine that is widely enough for the September event to be safe in person. We will continue to monitor the situation to ensure the race can continue in a safe manner. If we decide that the race cannot be safe due to COVID-19, we will offer runners several options, including a full refund of your entry fee. “
CrossState Credit Union Association
The association that represents credit unions in New Jersey and Pennsylvania plans to establish one personal CEO Summit December 5-8 at The Reach Resort in Key West, Florida.
CU Business Group
CUSO’s business services keep theirs annual national conference virtual in 2021; It will take place from September 29th to 30th.
The Professional Development Association has a number of virtual events on its calendar for the remainder of 2021, in addition to the following in-person events:
- Supervisory Committee development seminar26.-27. July, Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- Director Development Seminar28.-30. July, Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- CEO Institute III: Strategic Leadership Development (Summer session), 15.-20. August, Charlottesville, Va.
- CUES Execu / Net15.-18. August, Whitefish, Mont.
- CUES New England Council event4th-5th October, Uncasville, Conn.
- Directors Conference5-8 December, Marco Island, Fla.
CUNA’s America’s Credit Union Conference is no longer part of the regular conference schedule. The trade association has a series of virtual conferences and educational events planned for the rest of 2021.
The Defense Credit Union Council Annual Conference (held in conjunction with the Filene Research Institute’s Research Event Promoting Innovation and Humanization Technology) will take place in person at the Ritz-Carlton at the Naples Beach Resort in Naples, Florida, August 9-13.
Filene Research Institute
Several virtual and hybrid on-site / virtual events are planned in the think tank for 2021:
- Find fintech friends on the path to responsible growth (virtual event) May 25th.
- Enhancing impact: connecting credit unions and communities (virtual research event), 22.-23. June.
- Cultivate innovation and humanize technology (Research event held in conjunction with the DCUC annual conference), 9.-10. August, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Beach Resort, Naples, Florida. A virtual track is available for those unable to attend in person.
- big.bright.minds. (Event for the engagement of members), 25.-28. October, Marriott Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, California. A virtual track is available for those unable to attend in person. Participants have up to 30 days in advance of the event to change their registration if circumstances change.
Great New England Credit Union Show
The Great New England Credit Union Show will take place in person from November 9-10 at the Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center in Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
Heartland Credit Union Association
The HCUA, which represents credit unions in Kansas and Missouri, has a number of virtual, in-person, and hybrid personal / virtual events scheduled this year, including:
- SHIFT21 (virtual), 8.-9. June.
- TopConnections – Kansas City Area, June 22nd, TopGolf, Overland Park, Kan.
- Compliance conference (including personal and virtual options) August 10, The View at Briarcliff, Kansas City, Mon.
- CEO Summit, August 24-25, Residence Inn by Marriott, Village West Parkway, Kan.
- Congress & annual meeting (including personal and virtual options), 6.-8. October, Kansas City, Mon.
- Top Connections – St. Louis Area, October 21, TopGolf, Chesterfield, Mon.
- Hike the hill26.-28. October, Washington, DC
- Intensive sales training (virtual), 2.-3. November.
- Bankruptcy and Collection Conference, 16.-17. November, Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Independence, Mon.
Illinois Credit Union League
This national league currently has its Annual meeting The event will take place October 28-30 at the Chicago Hilton.
Inclusive conference 2021 will be a virtual event; It is scheduled for September 22-23.
Maine Credit Union League
The Maine League is planning a hybrid Annual congress 2021. The in-person event will take place August 19-20 at the Holiday Inn by the Bay in Portland, Maine. Training sessions will be streamed live for those who wish to participate virtually.
Mountain West Credit Union Association
The association representing credit unions in Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming that held an annual hybrid personal / virtual meeting and convention in early May several other personal events on the calendar in 2021::
- LEAD Summit, 27.-28. July, Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Credit Unions Under 100M $ Conference, 5.-7. August, Denver.
- Chapter Leaders Conference, August 31 – September 31, 1, Denver.
- Economic Forum, 9.-10. September, Sedona, Arizona.
- Summit Summit & Directors Conference of the CEO / Board Chair, 18.-20. October, Scottsdale, Arizona.
NACUSOs 2021 NACUSO network conference The event will take place November 8-11 at the Encore Resort in Las Vegas. Participants and sponsors who have registered for the canceled 2020 conference can choose, depending on the website, whether their fees should be reimbursed to the 2021 conference, the 2022 conference or a refund.
The NAFCU will host a series of virtual and hybrid face-to-face / virtual events later in 2021:
- State of the industry (virtual), June 24th.
- BSA school (virtual), 20.-22. July.
- Summer Regulatory Compliance School (virtual), Aug. 10-20.
- Congress caucus (virtual and personal option), 12.-15. September, Washington, DC
- Risk management seminar (virtual and personal option), 4.-6. October, Louisville, Ky.
- Legal Compliance Seminar (virtual and personal option), 4.-7. October, Louisville, Ky.
- Management and leadership institute (virtual and personal option), 18.-22. October, Annapolis, Md.
- Lending Conference (virtual and personal option) November 1-3, Greenville, SC
- CFO summit (virtual and personal option), 8.-10. December, location TBD.
Northwest Credit Union Association
The NWCUAs Annual conference, MAXXwill be held in person in Boise, Idaho, October 5-7.
Ohio Credit Union League
This state league is InOHvate 2021 conference will be a half day virtual conference on June 8th.
Virginia Credit Union League
In addition to hosting a number of virtual events this year, the Virginia League has the following in-person events planned:
- CEO Summit, 6.-8. October, Tides Inn, Irvington, Va.
- Marketing / BD workshop, October 21, Place in Innsbrook, Glen Allen, Va.
- IGNITE – VACUL annual meeting, 10.-12. November, Marriott Oceanfront, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Awards Recognition EventNovember 18, Credit Union House of Virginia
World Council of Credit Unions
WOCCUs World Conference of the Credit Union This year will be a virtual event that will take place July 14-21, 2021.
CU Times will continue to add to and update this list as we become aware of new information.