Norfolk, Virginia – The Salvation Army is looking for families in need during the Christmas season.
Officials say those facing economic hardship or a budget crisis and having children aged 12 and over may be eligible for vacation allowance this year.
Applications are possible from now until October 8th here.
Applicants residing in Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake (zip codes 23320, 23322, 23324, 23325) must apply using the Angel Tree Code – HRAC21. Applicants residing in Portsmouth and Chesapeake (zip codes 23321 and 23323) MUST apply using the Angel Tree Code – PORTS21.
Applicants need the following documents to apply:
- Computer / smartphone with camera – applicants must upload pictures of the following documents:
- Photo ID – Requiring official photo ID for parents / legal guardians
- Proof of Address – If the above ID shows the wrong address, you will need to provide an additional document with exact address information. They accept either a utility bill or rental / mortgage documents that include both your name and current address.
- Child ID / Date of Birth (0-12 years old only) – Birth certificates are preferred, although other governmental documents are accepted as long as they include the child’s name, date of birth and parental information
- Custody Papers – If you are not the birth parent of the requested child, you will also need to provide evidence of legal guardianship