FAIRMONT, W.Va. (WDTV) – The Tygart Valley United Way filed applications for the Fairmont Family Relief Fund on Monday. The Fairmont Family Fund is designed to help households in the City of Fairmont financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program provides support for rent, mortgage, and / or utilities; including electricity, gas, water, sewage, landline phone and / or internet payments (phone / internet must be disconnected from cable service).
The program is first come, first served.
- Must live within the Fairmont, WV city limits
- Member of household financially affected by COVID-19; and
- Gross income at or below 80% of the territorial median income guidelines (see chart)
- All unpaid credits are checked and documented before payment is received
- Cooperation between applicants and landlords is required
- The care must be provided in the name of an adult living in the household or of the landlord
- Income verification documentation is required
It takes 20 to 30 minutes to fill out the application. The support can be split between rent and utilities or just between rent. Mortgage and utilities or just mortgage; or just utilities. The same family does not receive any rent or mortgage support. Households are only allowed to submit one application.
If you can’t print the applicationyou can pick up a copy at the following locations:
- United Way Office 221 Washington Street
- Fairmont City Offices 200 Jackson Street
- Marion County Public Library 321 Monroe Street
- Fairmont-Morgantown Housing Authority 103 12th Street
Once you have completed your application, please contact United Way at 304-366-4550 to schedule an appointment to review and submit your application. You must bring the required documents with you to your appointment.
Copyright 2021 WDTV. All rights reserved.